- This event has passed.
COVID-19, steroids and diabetes webinar
July 7, 2020 @ 6:50 pm - 8:00 pm
Watch the webinar here.
Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2020
Time: 18.50 to 20.00
Chair: Debbie Hicks
Speaker: June James
- Understand how common steroid use is in the general population and their use in specific groups of people
- Be aware of the implications of steroid use on glucose control
- Have gained an understanding of steroid use in people seriously ill with the coronavirus
- Be aware of glucose-lowering therapies for steroid- induced hyperglycaemia
- Recognise the need for surveillance in people previously not known to have diabetes and those with pre-existing diabetes
|19.40||Questions and answers|